Part VII: Offences and Penalties
- This chapter would contain a general provision whereby infringement of any provision of the new law would be rendered punishable.
- There would be need to forge a linkage between the abuse and exploitation provisions and social security so that a distinction between wrongful and helpless behavior is maintained.
- Each sub-group should put together a list of wrongful acts it would want penalized and recommend the same for the consideration of the Committee
- Suggestions should be made on creative sanctions other than fine and imprisonment which would obtain conformity with the law.
- Opportunity to reform being built in but repeated offences invite more stringent punishment
- Suggestions made on this count in the 29th Sep to 1st Oct meeting should be considered by the Committee
Part VIII: Miscellaneous
- In this chapter an express obligation on obtaining disability relevant statistical information in sample surveys and the census shall be included
- The statute shall be accorded overriding effect and any law to the contrary shall to the extent of contravention be void.
- Repeal of PWDA and any other laws.
- If possible a schedule of all other laws which would be amended even if it is to direct the readers of those laws to this law.
Download New Law (Word - 260 KB)
Page: Previous | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17